Pay your rent

Rent is due on the 1st of every month. All residents have a ten-day grace period to pay their rent. After 4:30 pm on the 10th day of the Month, any late fees will be added automatically to a resident’s account. You can pay your rent via:


Make a Maintenance Request.

Have a problem? Let us know! The best way to get a work order to us is via- phone at 478-472-8209 ext. 203. If no one answers, the Team Member is probably helping another Resident, so please leave a detailed message and a work order will be generated. Or fill out the convenient form below! Please be as specific as possible so we can make sure the Maintenance Tech has the correct tools to make repairs. (This includes, the location of the problem in the apartment and what is going on. For example: My bathroom toilet in the half bath is stopped up.)

If you have a work order emergency after our business hours, you can call 1-800-791-9344. This number should be used for emergency situations. It is ONLY answered after normal business hours.

If this is an emergency, please call 911 and the emergency on-call number, above.


It is FACHA procedure that all Resident’s have a recertification every 12 months of residency. The purpose of this is to update any household composition changes, income changes, as well as to make sure that all HUD annual documents are signed per HUD mandate.

FACHA will send you an initial notice when it is time to renew your leasing documents. If you fail to comply and come to that appointment, a second notice will be sent, however, the Residents rent will be set to the maximum amount allowed until the Recertification is complete. Failure to comply could also result in termination of the Residents lease.

The recertification process will start as early as 90 days before the current lease expires. This allows both the Housing Authority and the Resident to have all of the needed documents signed and submitted in a timely manner.


Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Local Resources




  • City Hall – 478-967-2535
  • Water Department – 478-967-2535


  • City Hall – 478-472-6485
  • Police Department – 478-472-6485 (non-emergency)
  • Fire Department – 478-472-7538 (non-emergency)


  • Taylor County Sheriff’s Office – 478-862-5444 (non-emergency)
  • Taylor County Transit Office – 478-862-9526
  • Taylor County Health Department – 478-862-5628
  • Magistrate’s Court – 478-862-3357


  • City Hall – 478-862-5435
  • Water/Sewer/Garbage – 478-862-5435
  • Police Department – 478-862-9333 (non-emergency)
  • Fire Department – 478-862-3858 (non-emergency)





Eastman Regional Office
21 Industrial Boulevard
Eastman, GA 31023

return to top


  • Security Camera’s

    Security Camera’s have been put on some of the Housing Authority properties for Resident Safety. These camera are running 24/7 and are accessible by The Flint Area Housing Authority as well as our Local Police Department.Read more →

    Read more!

News & Announcements

Upcoming Events & Important Dates

illustration showing a diverse (age sex race ability) group of people

You have questions? We’ve got answers!

Where is the Housing Authority’s main office located?

We are located at 542 Richardson Street, Montezuma, GA 31063. Our Mailing address is PO Box 67, Montezuma, GA 31063.

How do I contact the office?

Via phone at 478-472-8209

Via fax at 478-472-5012

Via Team Member email address

What are your office hours?

Office Hours are Monday through Thursday from 8am-4:30pm. The office is closed for most federal holidays. If you are unable to reach a team member, please leave a voice mail message with a good call back number and your call will be returned as soon as possible.

Can I have family or friends stay with me?

Guests are generally welcome and fall under limited authorization. Residents are allowed to have overnight guests. However, under the lease, guests are not allowed to stay more than 14 days within any one consecutive year.

Can I have pets?

FACHA’s Pet policy allows for one authorized pet per household. Registration of your pet at the main office and payment of the pet deposit fee ($150) will need to be done prior to admitting any pets into the household. Please see the Pet Policy for more details.

What is an annual recertification?

At least once annually, Resident shall furnish, in the form prescribed by Management, accurate and complete information as to Resident’s family income, assets, employment, and composition. If, on the basis of information furnished by Resident or gathered from other sources.

How do I get my security deposit back?

The Housing Authority requires a 30 day written notice to vacate. If proper notice is given, rent is current, and the apartment is left in clean condition with no damages (less normal wear and tear), the security deposit will be returned. If there are legitimate damages and past due charges on the account, they will be deducted from the security deposit. A move out inspection and any security deposit refunds will be sent out within 30 days of the vacated apartment date.

Who do I report maintenance problems to?

During normal business hours of operation Monday-Thursday, from 8:00am-4:30pm, to report a maintenance issue, please call 478-472-8209 ext. 203. If this is an after hour’s maintenance issue, please call 1-800-791-9344.

Once I am housed, can I move to another location or jurisdiction?

Under limited circumstances and pending FACHA approval, a Resident who has lived in the system at least a year may transfer to another unit in the Flint Area Consolidated Housing Authority system. FACHA has no control over other Public Housing Authorities and so transferring out of our region is not something we can help a Resident with.

When is my rent payment due?

Rent is due on the first of the month and accepted up until close of business on the 10th of the month. After the 10th, rent is considered late. A Resident can pay late rent up until the 15th. After that time, the Resident is turned over to collections and sent to court for violation of the lease and must pay late penalties and court fines within 7 days or face eviction.

If the 10th of the month occurs on a weekend or holiday, then the rent must be postmarked prior to the 10th or placed in the night deposit drop box at 542 Richardson Street. Montezuma GA, 31063, before 7:30am of he next working day.

What form does my rent payment need to be in?

If paying in the mail office, dropping the rent in the night drop box, or via mail, FACHA accepts money orders and cashier’s checks as proper forms of payment. NO CASH, personal checks, or other tender is accepted by these locations. Resident’s are able to now pay their rent online via debit or credit card. We do not have access to your username and password, so it is important that you keep up with that information.

What if I cannot afford my entire rent payment in time? Can I make partial payments?

No. The Authority can only accept complete payments for rent. No partial payments will be accepted.

If I owe a Fine or Late fee how long do I have to pay?

Fines and Late fees must be paid immediately. They are due at the same time as your next rent payment.

If I owe Maintenance Fees how long do I have to pay?

Regular maintenance fees must be paid within 3 months of the completion of the work. If a resident cannot pay in that time frame, they will be required to sign a monthly repayment agreement.

How do I contact HUD?

The Flint Area Consolidated Housing Authority team is here to help anyone to the best of our abilities and we pride our Team for doing so. Sometimes circumstances come up when a Resident feels that contacting HUD is a solution that will best help them. FACHA wants all of the Residents to have all options available to them. To contact HUD Atlanta Office, the telephone number is 404-331-5136. Residents and Applicants may also go to

Got more questions? We are here to help.